TERMS & CONDITIONS
September 1, 2010
This website, located at the URL www.pinkclouds.com (the “Website”), is operated by PinkClouds Grey Days LLC (“PinkClouds”, “we,” “us” or “our”). We provide use of the Website subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms”). These Terms are effective as of the date set forth above and apply to all visitors to or users (collectively, “you” or “your) of the Website and any other website on which the Terms are posted, as well as the participation in any activities and services provided by us on and through the Website (except to the extent stated otherwise on a specific page), including purchasing products (the “Services”). These Terms are a legal agreement between you and us, and they contain important information on your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Website or its Services, you (i) acknowledge that you have read and understand, and are agreeing, on your own behalf and on behalf of your children, to be bound by these Terms and that you are agreeing to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; and (ii) represent that you are an adult and have the legal capacity to enter a contract in the jurisdiction where you reside. You further acknowledge and agree that your access to and use of the Website and the Services are valuable benefits that you receive by agreeing to, and complying with, these Terms. You may not access, browse or use the Website or its Services and you should discontinue these activities immediately, if you (a) do not agree to these Terms; or (b) are prohibited from accessing or using the Website or the Services by applicable law.
We may change or revise these Terms at any time, for any reason at our sole discretion and without notice. Your continued use of the Website or its Services after a posted change or revision in these Terms signifies your acceptance of any such change or revision. For this reason, please visit this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are familiar with the most recent version of these Terms. In the case of any violation of these Terms, we reserve the right to seek all remedies available for such violation, whether by law, in equity or otherwise. Your failure to follow these Terms may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Website, without notice, in addition to other available remedies.
You can address your questions or concerns regarding these Terms to email@example.com
PinkClouds and/or its service providers, distributors, vendors, contractors, sponsors, licensors and/or licensees (collectively, “PC Parties”) are the exclusive owners or licensees of all content and materials on the Website (“Website Content”) and of all related intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, all copyrights, moral rights, trademark rights, trade dress rights, rights of publicity and patent rights. The Website Content includes, without limitation, all features, functions, services, software, algorithms, designs, objects, documentation, know-how, code, data, art, graphics, animation, photographs, domain names, images, e-mail addresses, icons, text, music, sound effects, audio and/or audio-visual elements, downloadable materials, look-and-feel, design, layout, organization, presentation, user interface, navigation and stylistic convention of the Website. The entire Website Content is the subject of a copyright as a collective work and elements of the Website Content are the subject of copyrights as individual works, under the United States and other copyright laws. The collective work includes works that are licensed to the PC Parties.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of PinkClouds used on the Website (including PINKCLOUDS, PINK CLOUDS FOR GREY DAYS and other marks and names) are trademarks or registered trademarks of PinkClouds (collectively, “Marks”) and are the exclusive property of PinkClouds. Unauthorized use of any of the Marks, or of any word, term, name or symbol that dilutes any of the Marks, or of any word, term, name or symbol that is likely to cause confusion or mistake with respect to the user’s connection or association with PinkClouds, or its approval or sponsorship of the user’s products or services, is strictly prohibited by law. All other trade names, trademarks and service marks that appear on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
You may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish or otherwise exploit, through any means or media, any of the Marks, except as may be allowed by The Trademark Act of 1946 (Lanham Act), 15 U.S.C. § 1051 et seq.
You do not acquire any ownership interests in the Website Content or the Marks by accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Website or its Services.
Your Use and Your Content; License Grant; Right to Monitor and Editorial Control
You may access, browse and use the Website and the Website Content, only for your personal, non-commercial use, on a single computer or other Internet-compatible device to enable you to use the Website. Subject to these Terms or any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, you may also electronically copy, download and print only such limited number of hard copies of discreet excerpts of the Website or the Website Content as needed for the sole purposes of making a product purchase from or (where applicable) return to us or making and/or documenting a charitable donation. Other than the foregoing, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish or otherwise use or exploit, through any means or media, any of the Website Content, except as may be allowed by Sections 107, 108 and 110 of Title 17 of the United States Code, 17 U.S.C. §§ 107-108 and 110 (“Your Exempt Use”). Your Exempt Use will be, at all times, prominently accompanied by: (i) a copyright notice in the form identical to the copyright notice appearing on the Website Content that is the subject of your Exempt Use, and (ii) a credit line in the form of the phrase “Accessed on” followed by the date of your access and the URL of the Website where you accessed such Website Content. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notice from materials copied, downloaded or printed from the Website.
No right, license or permission is granted to you by these Terms, including, but not limited to, any right, license or permission to copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, transmit, download, display in public, or modify the Website or any of the Website Content in any manner, to any extent, by any means, in any medium or for any purpose, other than those expressed herein.
You must be over the age of thirteen (13) to register as a visitor of the Website or otherwise submit or provide any personally identifiable information to the PC Parties. By accessing or using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are over the age of thirteen (13) or are visiting the Website under the supervision of a parent or guardian. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d) as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the GetNetWise website, http://www.getnetwise.org.
Certain features of the Website may allow you to post, upload, transmit or submit certain materials, content, comments, suggestions, information or ideas to or through the Website (“Your Content”). We do not ask for, nor do we wish to receive, any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Website, by e-mail or in any other way. By providing Your Content to us, you: (i) represent and warrant that Your Content is original to you, that you own or otherwise control all of the rights in Your Content, or that you have the rights necessary to grant the license in this section; (ii) represent and warrant that Your Content does not violate any rights, including the rights of privacy, of any party and does not otherwise violate the law; (iii) grant to us and the PC Parties a world-wide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferrable, assignable and fully sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to copy, reproduce, edit, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, make, have made, publish, sell, offer for sale, import, adapt, create derivative works from, and otherwise use Your Content for any purpose that we may choose, in our sole discretion, and through any means or media, whether now existing or subsequently developed, and without any compensation to you or any third party (it being understood that the foregoing shall include the right to exploit any and all intellectual property or proprietary rights in Your Content including, without limitation, rights protected under applicable copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and other laws throughout the world); (iv) agree that we and the PC Parties will not be liable for any copying, reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation, collection, compilation, recompilation, preparation of summaries, abstracts, derivative works or materials, or any publication, distribution, display, disclosure, sale, licensing, or other use or commercial exploitation, of any ideas or other Your Content, or any tangible or intangible subject matter similar to, or using, incorporating, derived from or based on, any Your Content, in whole or in part; and (v) indemnify and hold harmless us and the PC Parties for and against any and all claims, actions and damages (including, without limitation, court costs, legal fees, accounting fees and amounts paid in settlement) that are related to or result from your use of the Website, Your Content or its posting on, or submission to, the Website, and/or your violation of these Terms. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim or action; however, we reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED IN THIS PARAGRAPH, PLEASE DO NO SHARE, SUBMIT OR POST ANY YOUR CONTENT ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
We cannot be responsible for maintaining Your Content, and we may remove Your Content from the Website at any time, for any and no reason, and without notice to you. We reserve the right, but do not have an obligation, to monitor and/or review all materials posted to the Website, or through the Website’s services or features, by its users, and we are not responsible for any such materials. However, we further reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms or applicable law. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to part or all of the features or services without notice or penalty if we believe that you are in breach of these Terms or applicable law, or for any other reason, all without notice or liability.
You warrant and agree that, while accessing or using the Website, you will not yourself, and will not induce, assist or cause others to, directly or indirectly, for any purpose and by any means or in any form or medium whatsoever:
- download, archive, store, copy, reproduce, compile, recompile, use, modify, adapt, translate or prepare any summaries, abstracts, derivative works or materials of the Website or any Website Content, in whole or in part (except that you may exercise the limited rights to access, view and print in accordance with the terms above);
- access, use, license, sell, transfer, disclose, publish, transmit, display, distribute or provide or permit access to, in any way for any public or commercial purpose, the Website or any Website Content, or any modifications, adaptations, translations, summaries, abstracts or derivative works or materials thereof;
- collect, compile or recompile any Website Content, including, but not limited to, any photographs, product listings, product designs, descriptions, references, images, terms of purchase or sale, prices or other data, information or other content obtained or derived from or through the Website;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from the Website, the PC Parties or otherwise affiliated with us;
- use an inappropriate username or screen name;
- insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any Website Content;
- obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any services available on or through the Website through any means, including through means not intentionally made publicly available or provided through the Website;
- engage in any automatic or unauthorized means of accessing, logging-in or registering on the Website, or obtaining lists of users or other information from or through the Website, including, without limitation, any information residing on any server or database connected to the Website;
- use the Website or its features and Services in any manner that could interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers;
- use the Website or its Services in violation of our intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights, or the rights of any third party;
- use the Website or its Services in violation of any applicable law or for any unlawful purpose;
- attempt (or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse-engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter, or interfere with, the Website or its Services; or
- post, transmit, submit, publish or otherwise disseminate through the Website any of Your Content or other material that, as we determine in our sole discretion: (i) is unlawful, harmful, harassing, false, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (ii) is derogatory or harmful to our reputation or any of our respective officers, members, employees, representatives, licensors, service providers and/or suppliers, in any way; (iii) is harmful to children in any manner; (iv) is for the benefit of any third party; (v) is for purposes of any public or commercial use or exploitation, including, but not limited to use by or for the benefit of any competitor of the PC Parties; (vi) consists of or contains any viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code; (vii) contains any impersonation, misrepresentation of your identity or the source or affiliation of the material or Your Content, or incorrect identification information; or (viii) consists of or contains any commercial solicitation, mass mailing, junk mail, spam, chain letter or political campaign material.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your User Information. You are also solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your Account or Your User Information. You must notify us immediately of any suspected or actual unauthorized use of Your Account or Your User Information, and of any and all other security breaches.
We reserve the right to terminate Your Account or to refuse services to you, without prior notice to you, at any time and for any or no reason. Without limiting the above, if you are a repeat copyright infringer, we will, in appropriate circumstances, permanently terminate Your Account and remove Your Content from the Website. You have the right to cancel Your Account at any time. You may cancel Your Account by following the instructions on the Website. Accounts terminated by us for any type of abuse, including without limitation a violation of these Terms, may not be reactivated.
All product purchases placed on or through the Website are subject to our acceptance, in our sole discretion. Without limitation, this means that we may refuse to accept or may cancel any purchase whether or not the purchase has been confirmed, for any or no reason, in our sole discretion, and without liability to you or any third party. If your credit card has already been charged for a purchase that is subsequently cancelled and not received, we shall issue a credit to your credit card account. No warranties are made by the PC Parties with respect to any of the products, merchandise and/or Services provided, featured, endorsed, sold or distributed on or through the Website. You agree that the PC Parties are not liable or responsible to you with respect to any products, merchandise, and/or services provided, featured, endorsed, sold or distributed on or through the Website, including but not limited to illegal, offensive or illicit materials or items, even if such materials or items violate these Terms.
We may revise the pricing for products or Services offered through the Website at any time. Unless otherwise noted, all currency references are in U.S. dollars.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN OUR RETURN POLICY , YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY CHARGES FOR PRODUCT PURCHASES, DONATIONS OR SERVICES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.
We may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement our billing methods, and such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting in these Terms or elsewhere on the Website.
Any and all information, comments, statements, links or other content placed on the Website by visitors to the Website, including but not limited to advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the PC Parties. We do not necessarily verify, encourage, agree, endorse, support or sanction any of the content placed on the Website by visitors to the Website, including but not limited to comments, opinions, statements or links posted on forums, blogs, bulletin boards or otherwise. You agree that the PC Parties are not responsible and shall have no liability to you with respect to any information, comments, statements, links, communications or other content posted by visitors to the Website, including but not limited to any offensive, defamatory, or illicit materials, even if such materials are in violation of these Terms. You shall not submit any content protected by any intellectual property or other third party right without the express permission of the owner.
To the extent that the Website provides users access to resources, including, but not limited to, public forums, health and medical content, online tools, calendaring, email, to-do lists, bookmarks, other personalization features, book/publication offerings, and various communication tools, we assume no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or effectiveness of any such information or the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization data or settings. All such risks shall be borne by you.
We administer, control and operate the Website from our offices in the State of New York, the United States of America. The Website is accessible worldwide; however, some of its features or functions may not be available or appropriate for use outside of the United States and/or may not be available to all persons or in all geographic locations. We make no representation that the Website and the Website Content are appropriate or authorized for use in all countries, states, provinces, counties or any other jurisdictions. Your access and use of the Website may not be legal in your jurisdiction. If you choose to access, browse or use the Website, you do so on your own initiative and risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws if, and to the full extent that, such laws and restrictions are applicable. We reserve the right to limit, in our sole discretion, the provision of any feature or function of the Website to any person and geographic area. Any offer for any Service, feature or function made on the Website is void where prohibited.
The Website provides information of a general nature only and you are responsible for determining whether it applies to your specific situation. We specifically disclaim any liability concerning any action that any person may take based on any information or guidance provided on or through the Website.
Some Website Content is provided by the users of the Website. With the exception of the limited license granted in these Terms, we do not obtain or control any rights in, and do not exert editorial control over, such Website Content. We do not independently verify the representations and warranties made by the users with respect to such Website Content.
We do not assume responsibility for, make any representation or warranty of, or otherwise guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, correctness, completeness, reliability, currency, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or any Website Content. We are not liable for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate Website Content. It is your responsibility to review the information and determine its accuracy and applicability to you as an individual.
THE WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE CONTENT (including without limitation all Services) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EACH OF THE PC PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF CONDITION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, RELIABILITY OR USEFULNESS OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT ARISES FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR TRADE PRACTICE, WHICH ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS AGREEMENT TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY MAY BE EXCLUDED AS A MATTER OF LAW.
THE PC PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, THE WEBSITE CONTENT OR SERVICES, ANY SERVERS HOSTING THE WEBSITE, OR ANY COMMUNICATION SENT BY OR ON BEHALF OF THE PC PARTIES, ARE OR WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR OPERATED FREE OF DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION, FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE, COMPUTER VIRUSES, DISABLING DEVICES, INACCURACIES, ERRORS, DEFECTS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR OTHERWISE MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT YOU WILL HAVE SECURE, TIMELY, CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY WEBSITE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE OR THE WEBSITE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU USE AND ACCESS THE WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE CONTENT AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DISCRETION. WE ALSO ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, BUSINESS OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, BROWSING IN, OR USE OF, THE WEBSITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO YOUR BUSINESS, COMPUTER SYSTEM OR DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEB AND ANY WEBSITE CONTENT, AND FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND VIRUS CHECKS (INCLUDING ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY CHECKS) TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY AND SECURITY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
NO ADVICE, RESULTS, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OR ON BEHALF OF THE PC PARTIES OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE IS TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND DISCONTINUE ALL USE OF THE WEBSITE.
EXCEPT AS SET OUT BELOW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL THE PC PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY OF ANY KIND THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) THESE TERMS OR ANY OF THE ADDITIONAL TERMS; (B) THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR MERCHANDISE; (C) THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR THE WEBSITE CONTENT; (D) THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE; OR (E) ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, ALL OF THE FOREGOING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES OR REVENUES, LOSS OF LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, ANY LOSS, DELETION OR CORRUPTION OF, OR DAMAGE TO, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR DATA, ANY INCONVENIENCE OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, ENHANCED, TREBLED OR MULTIPLE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE OR THE PC PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THOSE ASPECTS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE PC PARTIES’ LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPH, THE PC PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT OR DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE OR COMPONENT, OR ANY LINE FAILURE.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE WEBSITE IS FOR CHARITABLE, COMMERCIAL, EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. THE WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A FORUM OR VIEWED AS A SOURCE TO DIAGNOSE, CURE OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL OR OTHER CONDITIONS. ALL INQUIRIES REGARDING YOUR HEALTH, DIET OR OTHER MEDICAL ISSUES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PC PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY OF YOUR CONTENT). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PC PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE (A) THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR FOR ANY OF YOUR ACTIVITIES ON THE WEBSITE DURING THE THREE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM, OR (B) ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US$100), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
You are solely responsible and liable for: (a) any breach of your representations, warranties, covenants or obligations under these Terms and for the consequences of such breach, including, but not limited to, any resulting loss or damage incurred by the PC Parties or third parties; (b) all activities that occur under your registration to the Website, password, user name or identification, access code or account; (c) maintaining the security, confidentiality and restricted, authorized use of all user names and identifications, passwords, and access codes to the Website or any Website Content that are in your knowledge, control or possession; and (d) any and all actions and omissions by any of your personnel and/or other persons and entities under your control or for whose actions you may otherwise be held liable (it being understood and agreed that all such third party actions and omissions, which, if committed by you would constitute a breach of these Terms shall constitute a breach hereof as if directly committed by you).
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the PC Parties, its affiliates, licensors, service providers, and each of the foregoing persons’ and entities’ respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and all others involved in creating, promoting, or otherwise making available the Website or any of the Website Content, and each of their respective successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, costs, expenses, damages, losses and liabilities, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims and Liabilities”), that arise out of or in connection with, or result from, any of Your Content or your access to or use of the Website or any Website Content, your breach of or noncompliance with these Terms or any Additional Terms, or your violation of any rights of any third party. We will attempt to provide prompt notice to you of any such Claims and Liabilities and we reserve the right to take exclusive control and defense of any claim, action or demand subject to indemnification by you, in which event you agree to cooperate fully with the PC Parties in asserting any available defenses.
No revocation, expiration or termination for any reason of any (or all) of the rights, licenses and/or privileges granted to you under these Terms shall affect the PC Parties’ right to payment, as and when due, of any amounts payable by you to the PC Parties.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require our users to do the same. To notify us of your claim of copyright infringement with respect to any Website Content, please send a written communication to our designated copyright agent:
PinkClouds Grey Days LLC
155 W. 15th Street, Suite 2G
New York, NY 10011
Your notice must include:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receiving a proper notification of copyright infringement as described above, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly-infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer of your claim. We also will advise the alleged infringer of the counter-notification procedure, as described in, and required by, The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512.
If we receive a valid counter-notification, we will restore the removed or disabled material after ten (10), but no later than fourteen (14), business days from the date on which we receive the counter-notification, unless our Copyright Agent first receives notice from you, as the party filing the original notification of copyright infringement, informing us that you have filed a court action to restrain infringement of the material in question.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate, in our sole discretion, at any time, temporarily or permanently, for any or no reason and without notice to you, and without any liability to you, any portion of the Website.
We may change products or Services mentioned on the Website at any time with or without notice.
You agree that we may assign any of our rights, and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of our obligations, under these Terms. Your agreement to these Terms is personal to you and you may not transfer or assign it to any third party.
You agree that the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws, will govern your use of the Website, these Terms and all matters relating to your access to, and/or use of, the Website, including all disputes between you and us and/or the PC Parties. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state and federal courts seated in New York County, New York, and the related appellate courts, in any related action, dispute or proceeding. Notwithstanding the above sentence, the PC Parties shall have the right to apply for an injunction or other emergency relief in any jurisdiction.
You understand and agree that money damages would not be an adequate remedy for any breach by you of these Terms and that the PC Parties shall be entitled to equitable relief, including preliminary and permanent injunctions and specific performance, as well as recovery of court costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees, if you breach or threaten to breach any provision hereof or thereof. Such remedies shall not be exclusive, shall be in addition to all other remedies available at law, equity or otherwise for your breach of these Terms, and shall be available to the PC Parties without requirement that it post any bond or prove any actual damages.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us, with respect to your use of the Website and all matters relating to your access to, and/or use of, the Website. A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any and all judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law including, without limitation, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations stated above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision(s) will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full effect.
Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved to the PC Parties.
No failure or delay of the PC Parties to exercise or enforce any right, remedy or privilege shall constitute or result in any loss or waiver of that, or any other, the PC Parties’ right, remedy or privilege, in whole or in part.
Each of the PC Parties service providers and licensors shall be third party beneficiaries to these Terms and the Additional Terms, and shall be entitled to directly rely on and enforce any provisions of these Terms or Additional Terms which confer a benefit on or rights in favor of the PC Parties. No other person or entity shall be a third party beneficiary to these Terms or the Additional Terms.
All provisions of these Terms and of the Additional Terms that consist of or relate to notices, ownership of intellectual or other property, confidentiality obligations, representations, warranties, limitations of liability, disclaimers, indemnification, dispute resolution, governing law, venue or jurisdiction, or any prohibitions or restrictions respecting any access to, use of, or other activities concerning the Website or any Website Content, shall survive the revocation, expiration or termination, in whole or in part, of these Terms or the Additional Terms, or any license hereunder or thereunder, however and whenever occurring.
Twitter Contest Terms- ShopPinkClouds Coachella Drive, April 2013
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
CONTEST NOT FORMALLY ASSOCIATED WITH COACHELLA.
2.Entry Period: The “‘ShopPinkClouds Coachella Drive” (the “Contest”) commences on April 12, 2013 and ends on April 22, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (ET) on the Sunday during the respective Week, as set forth below in Paragraph 4. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, (ii) are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and (iii) have an account on www.twitter.com to enter. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Contest Period, from your Twitter account, tweet word-based mash-ups with the #WinPCvintage hashtag throughout the Contest Period (the “Tweet”) (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://twitter.com (“Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.). A “word-based mash-up” is defined as a new word or phrase generated by combining portions of existing words. BY TWEETING THE SPECIFIED HASHTAG, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the PinkClouds for Grey Days Twitter account located at twitter.com/shoppinkclouds so you can see the Winners announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not respond to the Winners notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. Multiple entries per Week are permitted but automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phones capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Prize Winners Selection/Notification: The Contest Period will last until April 21, 2013. Upon that time winners will be selected and announced. We shall select a total of twenty (20) winners (collectively “the Winners”), from the Eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Winners will be chosen based on randomly selected by a PinkClouds representative. PinkClouds will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Winners selection to contact the potential Prize Winners via each Prize Winner’s Twitter account and via tweets from PinkClouds. If any potential winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until all potential winners respond.
6. Prize Winners Verification: The potential winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential winner. In the event of non-compliance by any potential winner such potential winner may be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners must sign within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from PinkClouds: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Contest Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Contest Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winners’ social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Winners also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that the Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. The Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winners may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Deadline, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes (26): The Winners will each receive: a vintage t-shirt selected by PinkClouds.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $30.00 and the total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Contest is $600.00. If for any reason any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, PinkClouds reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Contest in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, are solely Winner’s responsibility. The value of the Prize may be taxable to the Winners as income. The Winners may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winners, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Contest, the Winners (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winners or potential Winners who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.
10. Winners List: For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, PinkClouds “#WinPCvintage”, 155 W 15th Street, STE 2G, New York, New York 10011 May 5, 2013.
11. Sponsor: Contest sponsored by PinkClouds partners, a New York Limited Liability Corporation, doing business as PinkClouds, with offices at 155 W 15th Street STE 2G New York, NY 10011. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Contest, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.